JOB: Senior Administrative Assistant
The Law Foundation of Ontario seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant to provide a wide range of administrative support to our organization. The position will report to the CEO but will also involve working collaboratively with members of the 15-person staff. The ideal candidate is well organized, responsible, and efficient, and is a good people person. The candidate enjoys learning, works well independently, and is comfortable working with different software and technology, and is able to use that knowledge to improve processes.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support including document preparation, calendaring and scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and dealing with expenses
- Organizing and maintaining central administrative resources such as shared electronic resources, meeting room calendars, and contacts
- Planning and organizing Foundation events
- Providing administrative support for Board and Board meetings as required
- Coordinating Foundation special projects and initiatives as required
- Working collaboratively with other administrative staff on shared administrative procedures and practices and smooth completion of related work
- Forward planning for and/or follow up on Foundation and CEO related matters using own initiative
- Professional management of Foundation relationships, both external and internal, including Board, employees, consultants, grantees, and other stakeholders to support CEO and Foundation
- Five years related work experience in a similar support role in a professional services environment, law office, or in a not-for-profit organization
- Post secondary education in office administration or combined education and experience equivalent
- Advanced computer skills including:
- File management and retrieval
- Creating and managing databases, including data analysis and generating reports
- Adobe Acrobat Professional functionality
- Use of Internet Browsers and Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, operate independently, and be disciplined in achieving work goals with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop a broad knowledge of the Foundation’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a law/regulatory related, nonprofit, or Foundation work environment or demonstrated commitment to issues within the Foundation’s mandate an asset
- Ability to communicate fluently in French would be an asset
The Foundation offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment.
The Foundation encourages a work environment that promotes equity and diversity and prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment. We are committed to making sure that our recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and other personnel activities are fair and equitable. We consider employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and actively promote equity for all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by 5:00 p.m. on May 2, 2019. Applications are being accepted through Charity Village (https://bit.ly/2U0uC4j).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries, please.
About The Law Foundation of Ontario
Established by statute in 1974, The Law Foundation of Ontario is the sole foundation in Ontario with the mandate of improving access to justice. Through granting and collaboration, the Foundation invests in knowledge and services that help people understand the law and use it to improve their lives. Learn more at www.lawfoundation.on.ca.