Office Administrative Coordinator
The Law Foundation of Ontario makes grants to nonprofits to improve access to justice for people in Ontario. We believe in “Putting People at the Heart of Justice”. You can learn more about us here: Who we are.
We are looking for an Office Administrative Coordinator to provide a wide range of administrative support to our organization, particularly to the Board of Trustees and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position will report directly to the CEO but will also involve working collaboratively with members of the 15-person staff.
The ideal candidate is well organized, responsible, and efficient, and is a good people person. The candidate enjoys learning, works well independently, and is comfortable working with different software and technology, and is able to use that knowledge to improve processes.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the Board of Trustees including planning for and preparing materials for monthly Board of Trustee meetings
- Providing central administrative support for the Foundation
- Regularly reviewing, providing input into, updating, and training staff on administrative procedures and practices
- Organizing and maintaining central administrative resources such as shared electronic resources, meeting room calendars, and contacts
- Planning and organizing Foundation events
- Providing administrative support for the CEO including document preparation, calendaring, and scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and dealing with expenses
- Forward planning for and/or follow up on Foundation and CEO related matters using own initiative
- Professional management of Foundation relationships, both external and internal, including Board, employees, consultants, grantees and other stakeholders to support CEO and Foundation
- Seven years related work experience in a similar senior support role in a professional services environment, law office, or in a not-for-profit organization
- Post secondary education in office administration or combined education and experience equivalent
- Advanced computer skills including file management and retrieval, creating and managing databases, including data analysis, and generating reports; Adobe Acrobat Professional functionality, use of Internet Browsers, and Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, operate independently, and be disciplined in achieving work goals with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop a broad knowledge of the Foundation’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a law/regulatory related, nonprofit or Foundation work environment or demonstrated commitment to issues within Foundation’s mandate an asset, and
- Ability to communicate fluently in French would be an asset
The Foundation offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment.
The Foundation encourages a work environment that promotes equity and diversity and prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment. We are committed to making sure that our recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and other personnel activities are fair and equitable. We consider employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and actively promoting equity for all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process.
To apply, please submit application through Charity Village by 5:00 p.m. November 17, 2017:
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No inquiries, please.