Grants Officer (one-year contract)
The Law Foundation of Ontario seeks an energetic, diplomatic person to fill the full time position of Grants Officer, on a one year contract who will be responsible for:
- Participating in developing Foundation granting programs including objectives, areas of focus, processes, assessment criteria, communications, and evaluation approaches
- Participating in consulting and establishing partnerships with justice, community, and philanthropic organizations on both a provincial and national level
- Providing advice to applicants on the Foundation’s mandate and grant program requirements, and on the development of suitable applications
- Assessing grant applications and making recommendations to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees
- Consulting with expert advisors as needed
- Ensuring the integrity of grants records and databases
- Compliance monitoring of approved grants and supporting grantees as needed or requested
- Establishing strong relations with grantees
- Superior writing and analytic skills
- Success in fostering positive relationships with many different individuals, audiences, communities, and stakeholders
- Excellent desktop computer skills, including familiarity with database programs
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful outcomes
- A reputation for taking initiative and for innovation
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the justice sector would be an asset
- Knowledge of, and experience in, working with Indigenous organizations would be an asset
- Experience in policy and program development would be an asset
- Experience in the nonprofit sector or foundation sector would be an asset
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Minimum requirement of a post-secondary degree
The Foundation offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment.
The Foundation encourages a work environment that promotes equity and diversity and prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment. We are committed to making sure that our recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and other personnel activities are fair and equitable. We consider employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and actively promoting equity for all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process.
Please send your resumé and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. on October 2, 2017 to:
The Law Foundation of Ontario
20 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3R3
Email: email@example.com (please state Grants Officer in the Subject line)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries, please.