The Law Foundation of Ontario does not provide legal advice.
If you are looking for legal help, we recommend that you contact the Law Society Referral Service portal where you can submit a request for a consultation with a legal representative. Once your request is processed you will be given a referral number as well as the name and telephone number of a legal representative who will provide you with a free consultation of up to 30 minutes to help you determine your rights and options.
You may also wish to follow the links below:
- Steps to Justice is an online resource that provides comprehensive information on common legal problems.
- Your Legal Rights is a website funded by the Foundation which offers public legal education and self-help resources and links by legal topic.
- Legal Aid Ontario provides services for people with low incomes.
- www.Lawfacts.ca is a legal information resource of Legal Aid Ontario.
- Your Law: Ontario Law Simplified is a family law legal information resource developed by The Law Society of Upper Canada.
NOTE: the above sites are the responsibility of other organizations. When researching legal information, make sure you check that the material you are reading is up-to-date.