Job posting: Office Administrative Coordinator
The Law Foundation of Ontario makes grants to nonprofits to improve access to justice for people in Ontario. We believe in “Putting People at the Heart of Justice”.
We are looking for an Office Administrative Coordinator to provide leadership in the administrative support of our organization, particularly to the Board of Trustees and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position will report to the CEO but involve working collaboratively with all members of the 15 person staff.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the Board of Trustees
- Planning for and preparing materials for Board of Trustee meetings
- Providing central administrative support for the Foundation
- Regularly reviewing, providing input into, updating, and training staff on administrative procedures and practices
- Organizing and maintaining central administrative resources such as shared electronic resources, meeting room calendars, and contacts
- Planning and organizing Foundation events
- Providing administrative support for CEO including document preparation, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and dealing with expenses
- Forward planning for and/or follow up on Foundation and CEO related matters using own initiative
- Professional management of Foundation relationships, both external and internal, including Board, employees, consultants, grantees and other stakeholders to support CEO and Foundation
- 7 years related work experience in a senior support role in a professional services environment
- Post secondary education in office administration or combined education and experience equivalent
- Superior computer skills working with databases, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) at an advanced level
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, operate independently, and be disciplined in achieving work goals with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop a broad knowledge of an organization’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in law related, nonprofit or Foundation environment or demonstrated commitment to issues within Foundation’s mandate an asset
- Ability to communicate fluently in French an asset
The Foundation offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment.
The Foundation encourages a work environment that promotes equity and diversity and prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment. We are committed to making sure that our recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and other personnel activities are fair and equitable. We consider employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and actively promoting equity for all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process.
Please send your resumé and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017 to:
The Law Foundation of Ontario
20 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3R3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please state Office Administrative Coordinator in the Subject line)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries, please.