Job Posting: Director, Policy and Programs
Please note: We stopped accepting applications for this position at 5:00 p.m. on June 30 as per the posted deadline. Thank you for your interest in working at LFO.
The Law Foundation of Ontario (LFO) is a progressive, thriving grantmaker established under the Law Society Act that makes grants to organizations to increase access to justice. More information on the LFO can be found on its website at www.lawfoundation.on.ca.
The LFO seeks a strategic leader to fill the full–time position of Director of Policy and Programs, a member of the LFO management team providing strategic support to the Board of Trustees and CEO. The Director of Policy and Programs will develop and implement granting activities within the LFO’s objects that enhance access to justice, support and manage relationships with grantees, justice sector organizations and other funders and provide leadership to other staff. The incumbent reports to the CEO.
- Work with the CEO and Board of Trustees in identifying and implementing strategic priorities for granting programs and evaluating those programs
- Provide support to the CEO in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans
- Scan trends in access to justice issues in order to suggest and advise on granting possibilities
- Develop granting policies and ensure that policies are adhered to and that rigour and accountability is brought to the granting process
- Manage grant staff in assessing grant applications, tracking budgetary and activity reports, and making payments
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders including grantees, Law Foundations, and others in the justice, non-profit and philanthropic sectors
- Act as a resource to grantees in relation to issues arising in their program delivery
- Manage development and implementation of communications strategy, including website and social media and events planning
- Assist the CEO on a range of policy and administrative issues and special projects as required
- Minimum requirement of a post-secondary degree
- A strategic leader with relevant experience gained through progressively more responsible positions
- Demonstrated expertise and significant experience in one or more of the following areas is required: the justice sector, program and policy development, grant-making and/or non-profit organizations
- Significant experience in managing, building and leading teams to achieve objectives with an emphasis on developing capacity in others
- Strong project management and organizational skills that support the launch, successful implementation, and evaluation of initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated by experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong research and consultation skills to ensure that recommendations are supported by evidence
- Innate interest in access to justice issues with an aptitude for creative problem solving
- Familiar with, and interested in, effective communication strategies that support organizational objectives
- Superior analytical skills, excellent judgment, and initiative
- Excellent writing skills
The LFO offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment. Please send your cover letter and resume by 5:00 pm on June 30, 2015 to:
The Law Foundation of Ontario
Attention: Director of Policy and Programs Competition
20 Queen Street West, Suite 3002
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3R3
No telephone or email inquiries, please. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.